The 8 F's

Focused on Faith, Family, Friends, Finances, Freedom, Following, Fitness and Fun

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dear Teenagers,

Before you were born, I had your whole life planned out, every detail.  I knew when you would walk, when your first tooth would come in, when you would first say Daddy.  I gave you amazing gifts and talents.  You are special to me.  "I love you."

While you were in your crib, I whispered sweet love songs to you.  I adore you.  I put my Holy Spirit into you so that you could know me and hear me when I whispered "I love you."

I have watched your world through your eyes.  I have tasted your bread through your mouth.  I have listened to the world through your ears.  So many distractions.  Can you hear me?  "I love you."  You were playing X-Box today.  I tried to talk to you about your friend, but you could not hear me.  I was there, watching your gifts get used on a T.V. game, when your friend was hurting and needed your gift for listening.

I was there at the Mall where you spent every penny you had on things, on stuff that doesn't reward you like I reward you.  Can stuff love you like I can?  All you need is me.  Abide in me as I abide in you.  Open your ears and hear that "I love you."

I was hungry when you walked by me.  You laughed and pinched your nose.  I was lonely and scared and you left me there on the street.  I want you to know me and to love me like I love you.

I have watched you grow and take different paths than the ones I whispered for you to take.  I gave you free will because  I will not force you to love me.  "I will always love you though."

I gave you gifts and talents so that your life would be a glorious offering to others and to me.  So that your light would shine so brightly that others would be amazed and want to know me too.  So they would see my love in you.

It's not too late to begin your life with me.  It's not too late to use your gifts to help others.  I want others to know of my great and abiding love for you and for them.  They will never know unless you shine!  And you will never shine, unless you know that I love you.  Listen for me.  I am calling you.  I love you and want you to love me.

God


No comments:

Post a Comment