The 8 F's

Focused on Faith, Family, Friends, Finances, Freedom, Following, Fitness and Fun

Friday, June 22, 2012

God Has This!

Did you ever wish for just one perfect day?  One day where no one said anything mean or insensitive.  One day where I didn't hurt someone else's feelings.  One day when I actually got everything on my todo list. One day when I was on time for everything.  One day when I was the perfect Mom or the perfect wife.  One day when I didn't burn breakfast.  One day when more than 10 people actually read my blog (that's just wishful thinking ).  I am laughing as I write this, but some days, these things really bother me.  What upsets me the most is when I have said something without thinking.  I feel like such a jerk.  How can I take it back.  It's already out of my mouth. I worry and toil over it.

I wish I could just be good all of the time.  Hah!  There is only one who lived on this earth that was perfect.  And there will never be another.  None of us are perfect.  I strive for perfection.  But some days,  I just get worn out!  I've messed up so bad, that I don't even want to try anymore.  I throw my hands in the air and scream, "I QUIT!"  Quitting doesn't mean I get a "Get Out of Jail FREE card".  It doesn't make it ok to be bad.  It just means that I can't do it without help.  When I quit, I give God control over my life.  When I quit on being perfect, I ask for forgiveness for messing things up that day.  I quit trying to control every tiny detail of my life and let God take the wheel.

It is freeing to know that the Bible says we will tire, we will be overcome with exhaustion, we will fall.  "She has wearied herself with toil." Ezekiel 24:12  And in Psalm 127:2, "It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sheep."  And it is comforting to know that when we do fall, God has this! Jesus reminds us that "my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matt 11:30

We are not supposed to be perfect.  We are not supposed to control every detail of our life.  When we walk with our Savior, we let Him lead.  When I find myself in this I QUIT kind of day, I inevitably pull out my Bible and am reminded of the many who came before me who were not perfect, but whom God loved perfectly.  And when they let His will be done, miracles happened.

And no matter what you do, how well or how poorly, He loves you perfectly too. And if you will let Him lead you, great things will happen in your life.

Glory to God for loving us just as we are.

Blessings,
Windy

No comments:

Post a Comment